Friday, August 21, 2009

OLU-LTD2 SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

*** UPDATE: SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Shout to everyone who has been supportive and complimentary of the Brand Nubian EP. I always appreciate hearing from you guys after debuting an OLU title.

Now to my very special announcement! Around the time that I announced this most recent OLU release, I was in the final stages of closing a deal for a record I had actually originally intended to be OLU-LTD1 in the last series. My communication with their camp had been ongoing for quite some time. The good news is that I finalized the deal and it is now set in stone. I am in fact so excited about it (among other reasons explained below) that I decided to no longer keep it a secret like I did with the last series. While it was a great surprise and a rewarding endeavor for the fans, many of you were unsure of what the end of the first series had to offer. That is why I had set aside copies out of each 200 pressing and had sets available for anyone who wanted to play catch-up in order to qualify for OLU-LTD1. I figured that was only fair, as there would've been many of you regretting that you didn't purchase every title in the previous 'Heavy Pieces' series after the Don EP was unveiled.

With the current state of the 'Crispy Nuggets' series, I will not be offering any "catch-up" opportunities at the end, mainly because there are literally NO copies of OLU-006 (Pete Rock & CL) lying around whatsoever. If you missed out on that title, you have already missed out on your chance for OLU-LTD2. Period. Because of this unique scenario and the fact that I have now secured the final bonus title, I decided it was only fair to change the rules accordingly and go ahead and announce to the series' supporters what OLU-LTD2 will be. This way, those of you who are already locked in so far will know what to expect and anyone on the fence about what OLU-LTD2 is can decide whether or not they want to continue to qualify for the prize at the bottom of the Cracker Jacks box. No more guessing.

This particular project has been something that my ears have been after since this artist released his debut album, and after almost a year of dealing with both the artist's camp and the archiver, I was finally able to get everybody on the same page, sign the deal and obtain the masters for... OLU-LTD2 - NASTY NAS - "Queensbridge Origins"! [1991 - 1993]

In an effort to maintain SOME mystique, I am not going to let the entire cat out of the bag, but I will say that it is literally DAT quality copies of a couple joints that you might be familiar with, as well as a couple joints that you won't be!!! Importantly, they are all compiled from the original studio DATs; no hissy cassette demo transfers here. To uncover these particular joints, for the first time in this quality, is undoubtedly the crowning achievement of my archiving mission. This record is why I started doing this in the first place... This is also my way of rewarding all the series supporters in a BIG way.

Of course, I will continue to have my fun with OLU-008, 009, and 010 and keep up my surprises ;-) I will also playfully drop a hint or two about the composition of OLU-LTD2 along the way also...

With that said, in regards to OLU-007 I am down to under 60 copies which includes unpaid invoices. As you now know, One Leg Up has considerably raised the stakes, so come on with the git down.

More info to come, stay tuned...

P.S. - Mega props to all of you who have personally e-mailed to congratulate me on my new marriage. The Mrs. is having a hard time adjusting to my insane work ethic as you all know I'm up almost all hours of the day and night when there is a new OLU record. Suffice to say, she is going to have to adapt. ;-)

E-mail: OneLegUpRecords@gmail.com at any time.

Peace brothers,

-Haj "4XL"
One Leg Up Records '09

No comments: